OVERDRAFT COVERAGE OPTIONS:
- OVERDRAFT PROTECTION AND OVERDRAFT PRIVILEGE
Life happens! CorePlus Credit Union understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help
OVERDRAFT COVERAGE OPTIONS:
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Protection Link to Another Deposit Account you have at CorePlus Credit Union1||$5 fee per transfer|
|Overdraft Protection Line of Credit1, 2||$5 transfer fee; Sublet to interest (Available for grandfathered accounts only)|
|Overdraft Privilege||$30 Overdraft Privilege Fee per item.|
1Call us at (860) 886-0576, email us using online banking, or come by a branch to sign up or apply for these services; 2subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Protection applies to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account, or line of credit you may have at CorePlus Credit Union for a finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee to pay a transaction. Even if you have Overdraft Protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted. Please review the “What Else You Should Know” section included with this disclosure for other important information.
|Transactions Covered with Overdraft Privilege||Standard Coverage|
(No action required)
(Your consent required on consumer accounts) *
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
· Call us at (860) 886-0576
· Complete the online extended coverage consent form found at www.coreplus.org
· Visit any branch
· Complete an extended coverage consent form and mail it to us at 202 Salem Turnpike Norwich, CT 06360
· Email us using online banking
|ACH – Automatic Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Transactions||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|Internet Banking Transfers||X||X|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|
Once completed, please message us the Extended Consent Form via online banking
*If you choose Extended Coverage on your consumer account, ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at (860) 886-0576 or sending us an email using online banking.
What Else You Should Know:
- A link to another account or a line of credit may be a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance. For additional financial education resources, please visit www.mymoney.gov.
- The $30 Overdraft Privilege Fee that is charged if you overdraw your account is lower than the fee that is charged if an item is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Privilege Fee or an Insufficient Funds (NSF) Fee of $35. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn more than the Overdraft Privilege limit amount because of a fee.
- If an item is returned because the available balance in your account is not sufficient to cover the item and the item is presented for payment again, CorePlus Credit Union will charge a Insufficient Funds (NSF) Fee each time it returns the item because it exceeds the available balance in your account. If, on representment of the item, the available balance in your account is sufficient to cover the item CorePlus Credit Union may pay the item, and, if payment causes an overdraft, charge an Overdraft Privilege Fee
- For consumer accounts, there is no limit on the total Overdraft Privilege Fees per day we will charge.
- This describes the posting order for purposes of determining overdrafts. Our general policy is to post items throughout the day and to post ACH credits before debits. ATM, ACH and debit card transactions are posted from lowest to highest dollar amount, paper checks are posted lowest to highest dollar amount; however, because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies. Holds on funds (described herein) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Privilege Fees or Insufficient Funds (NSF) Fees assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, CorePlus Credit Union may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, CorePlus Credit Union will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless your account’s available balance (including Overdraft Coverage Options) is sufficient to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account (Extended Coverage) may result in you incurring Overdraft Privilege Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Privilege Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available balance. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until it is otherwise withdrawn.
- CorePlus Credit Union authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. CorePlus Credit Union may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure, which will reduce the amount in your available balance. The available balance for checks, ACH items, and recurring debit card transactions is comprised of the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit and any available Overdraft Protection. The available balance for ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus any available Overdraft Protection, but does NOT include the Overdraft Privilege Limit. For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Overdraft Privilege Limit is included in the available balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your available balance provided through online banking, mobile banking or CorePlus Credit Union’s ATMs.
- CorePlus Credit Union will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Privilege Fee may be assessed.
- Except as described herein, CorePlus Credit Union will not pay items if the available balance in your account (including the Overdraft Privilege limit, if applicable) is not sufficient to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- An Overdraft Privilege limit of $750 will be granted to eligible consumer checking accounts opened at least 30 days in good standing.
- An Overdraft Privilege limit of$1,000 will be granted to eligible business Checking accounts opened at least 60 days in good standing.
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Overdraft Privilege may be suspended if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have the Overdraft Privilege limit reinstated.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at (860) 886-0576 or visit a branch.